Conservatives were delighted to welcome Rt Hon Sajid Javid MP, Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, to Basingstoke on Tuesday 4th April. One of the sites the Secretary of State visited was Basing View, recently declared an Enterprise Zone, where thousands of jobs will be created as the business centre is modernised and regenerated. See the full story below.
Ten Conservative pledges for Hampshire’s Future
1. Keep Council Tax low and service quality high.
2. Provide a school place for every child, with the largest school building programme in the country
3. Maintain roads and pavements to high standards, using latest technology, and investing in important improvements.
4. Invest millions to improve flood resilience.
5. Make recycling easier and generate more energy from waste.
6. Work with the NHS and partners to help make Hampshire healthier.
7. Build more ExtraCare homes for the elderly, provide more placements for young adults and secure more homes for key workers.
8. Invest in Hampshire’s Country Parks.
9. Keep our libraries and extend their services.
10. Push providers to secure superfast broadband for all.